Monday, July 18, 2011

Review # 20 Tram Yard Cafe, Dalkey


Hi Everyone,
Sorry I am a little late with the review this week. With Tara so busy moving to London town I should be keeping up the blog but I have been a little slack, too busy missing her I'd say :) All this college work is building up too, if you don't know I have returned to college study Early Childhood Development so should have plenty to blog about in the near future, if I ever get a free moment. Enjoy this weeks review and start getting excited about some post from London coming soon.
The Tram Yard Cafe
A: Castle Street, Dalkey, County Dublin
O: Mon~Sun 9am~6pm
This stunning little café and gift shop in Dalkey is just off the main street in the old Dalkey Tram Yard, hence the name. The interior of the café is clean, vibrant and oh so pretty with my favorite Cath Kidson patterns adoring the tables, wares and even the staff in the form of pretty aprons. The decking for sitting out is in my opinion the best part of the café and there is a lovely casual but cool atmosphere that is enjoyed by an eclectic mix of people.

I tried a quiche which was served with a side salad and crisps and my friend ate from the outdoor barbecue being cooked right by our table. I am not sure if there is a specific children’s menu I was enjoying myself too much to stop and ask but there is a full sandwich bar so you will find something tasty for your littlen’s. We both had a glass of crisp Sauvignon Blanc and were lucky enough to be get some sunshine and free live jazz music to top off the experience.

Of course none of this would have been as enjoyable as it was if Amelie had not been content the whole time we were there. We were provided with a high chair and she happily sat nibbling in my quiche and sipping her water bottle just watching all that was going on around her. We were there for quite some time and when she got  a little restless in the high chair I was able to take her out and let her have a wander around as there is plenty of space. She amused herself with going up and down the step, oohing at the dogs that were constantly passing and having a little bop to the Jazz music.

Amelie relaxing at the Tram Yard Cafe

The changing facilities were lovely, staff very accommodating and overall the place exudes child friendly. On Saturdays there is a farmers market held in the tram year and I have heard whispers of a fantastic local artist about open a shop selling his hand made silver jewellery, very excited. We will be back without question to shop, eat drink and relax!

To read more reviews by the Jetsetting Babies pop over to our Review Page and if you want to share your favourite family friendly place with us contribute a review of your own, visit our Contribute Page for more information.
Love the Yummy Mummies and the Jetsetting Babies xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment