Monday, February 14, 2011

Review 5 The Resturant at Brown Thomas

Hello Everyone,
I am sorry again the post is late this week, our house hold has been unwell.

The Resturant at Brown Thomas
3rd Floor Brown Thomas
Grafton Street
Dublin 2
Tel: 01 605 6666
Email:btdublin@itsa.ie    www.itsa.ie

I went on Friday to Brown Thomas with my auntie for some brunch before we set about our day. As the weather was miserable we thought we would treat our selves and go browse around the department store Brown Thomas, fondly known as BT. Where everything is marginally priced higher than you would find anywhere else, but it does all look so pretty and the staff are so nice and it even has carpet in the elevators. It also has a restaurant on the 3rd floor which I had heard some good things about.  Not one for missing out on a new place to see if it was baby friendly and chic, I was rather excited.
The cafe is very stylishly decked out with slick decor. It is very much a place where Ladies who Lunch would go. Everyone in there was dressed head to toe in designer and did not have a hair out of place. I did feel slightly under dressed going in there on a friday morning. How ever I was greeted by a lovely hostess who took my buggy and hid it around the corner out of view! To my surprise they had 3 high chairs and one was promptly bought over. Luckily we sat next to a lovely elderly couple who had recently just had their first grandchild so they were quite enamored with Dylan.
The menu was vast but they didnt have anything on there that babies or toddlers would like. I don't think Dylan is ready for the goats cheese salad of quail egg tart.
Breakfast is served until 11.30am everyday so I decided to go for the scrambled egg with bacon while my aunt had the french toast. The food arrived quickly although mine was a little cold. The portions were huge and even just to look at the site of the scrambled egg piled high on my plate was enough to make me feel a bit queazy. Dylan was not interested in my breakfast thank goodness, as the bacon tasted funny and the eggs were dry. The french toast looked like a big lump of bread fried with honey on the top.  We were never asked if our meal was alright or if we needed anything else. The waiter was in fact quite somber and rude. Even with Dylan beaming up at him he didn't crack a smile.

I personally  would not rate this restaurant very highly at all. Its over priced for the quality of food, even if they do give you a huge plate of it.
Baby changing facilities were down in the basement 4 floors down, they were nice though and were worth the trek down there. They also had a rocking chair where you could sit to feed your baby. The Restaurant as you can gather is most defiantly not a pro breast feeding place. Infact its not a pro baby place. If your looking for a quick coffee while you are spending an obscene about of money in Brown Thomas, or you fancy a people watching tea break with baby then this is a great place to go.
I am sure I just had a bad experience,


High Chairs- Y -3
Baby Changing-Y
Baby actives - N
Children's Menu-N

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment