Monday, February 28, 2011

Natural Deodorant

At the age of 13 my mum sat me down for the big chat.. no not that one.. but the one where she tells me "Darling you need to start using deodorant!" She then produces a pretty purple bottle of deodorant that smelt like a perfume. Ever since that day I have used spray deodorant and not had a second thought about it. That was until I got pregnant. All of a sudden I was very aware of everything I was putting in my body and on my body. Our bodies are the largest organ we have and it absorbs everything. So when you are not only thinking about your self but you are growing a helpless little life inside of you, you of course question everything. To my horror I found a whole lot of nasties in my moisturizer and in my deodorant. Did you know that many deodorants and anti-perspirants contain aluminum which has been linked to breast cancer. Most commercial deodorants contain a cocktail of chemicals which many consider potentially harmful, including parabens, which are thought to increase possibility of fetal damage in pregnant women when used in excess. So I went on the hunt to find a deodorant that did not contain any of the nasties. I have tried Toms organic brand, which personally I don't rate that highly. They smell nice but for me they didn't work. I need something a little more heavy duty. I was then put on to Salt of the Earth deodorant that my sister Sophie uses. They have just bought out a spray deodorant which I am pleased to say is fantastic! It are a little more expensive then the commercial deodorants but I personally think its worth it. Salt of the Earth retails in most good health food shops and Chemists for £4.99.

Lots of love 
The Yummy Mummies and the Jet setting babies

No comments:

Post a Comment