Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Travel Tip # 2

Yesterday we posted a blog and talked about the hug-a-bub. I found it to be very useful when travelling to Australia with Amelie. A good baby sling or carrier is essential when travelling solo with a small baby, especially over long distances. There are a few other things that I feel really helped me on my travels. I discovered a great fabric, portable high chair in the Coco Markets in Dun Laoghaire and took it to Australia with me. I do not know what I would have done without it.

Sack’n seat

What is it:
The sack’n seat is a great invention, a fabric take-anywhere highchair. It secures your baby to any chair so you can feed them anywhere anytime, even in those less than baby friendly restaurants and café’s that don’t have highchairs. By slipping the fabric over the back of a chair and using the two clips to secure it to the chair and around your baby. When the sack’n seat gets dirty, as it most definitely will just throw it in the machine with the rest of your laundry.







Why you need it:

It is absolutely essential when you are travelling, be it a day trip to the Zoo or half way across the world.  When in Australia I spent a lot of time staying with different family members and if they did not have a high chair I could just use the sack’n seat. Waiting in departure lounges in the airport, the sack’n seat was a god sent, all you have to do is slip it over a chair and away you go… feeding time on the go made easy.

Where can you get it:
I purchased Amelie’s sack’n seat from the Coco Markets in Dun Laoghaire. The wonderful ladies from the Mayfly store have a stall there; I assume you can find them in their store also at the address below:


64 Pleasants Place
Camden street
Dublin , 8
+35386 3764189
info@mayfly.ie
www.mayfly.ie

Or find it online at one of my favourite sites

www.ethicalbabe.com

1 comment:

  1. Girls, Molly's mammy Linnie here, I'm one of the mammies from the mum & baby group you met in Starbucks on Tuesday, unfortunately I've lost that scrap of paper you wrote your email addresses on and wondered if you could send me an email instead? linnie@ireland.com
    Would love to see you all at our next meet up on Thursday next week! :-)

    ReplyDelete